History of the Mantrap Valley Conservation Club

Mantrap Valley Conservation Club Building

The Objectives and Purposes of this organization shall be to foster and promote wildlife conservation, lake and forestry conservation and to beautify the area.

The Mantrap Valley Conservation Club was established in 1953 and incorporated as a not for profit 501 in 1955 with fifteen charter members.  The first seven years, the club held monthly meetings at the Deer Lake Store.  During the late 50’s and the early 60’s the membership grew when the rural community population  started increasing due to the influx of yearly summer visitors and permanent retirees moving into the area.  This, along with the general increase in awareness of conservation and wildlife propagation helped boost the number of members.  The Auxiliary was  formed in 1954 with 20 charter members and was merged with the MVCC in 2016.

 

In the late 50’s, with the closing of Deer Lake Store for the winter months, meetings were held in the Lake Emma Town Hall.  It was decided at that time to think about building a clubhouse of their own.  Club membership had grown to the point where some place was needed to hold meetings and social functions of the club. In the spring of 1960, the club purchased 80 acres of land 1 ½ miles east of the Emmaville Store.  That same spring, members began the erection of a 24′ X 36′ clubhouse which proved to be too small almost immediately.  A few years later, the clubhouse was enlarged to it’s present size of 24′ X 52′.

 

The Mantrap Valley conservation club is open to all men and women who are interested in the conservation and preservation of our natural resources. Current membership is around 400 members.

Click here for membership information.